Minty Lime Sherbet Punch
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This punch has a delicate mint flavor, but if you're a fan of fresh mint, toss a few more leaves into the sugar mixture. In this recipe, I like to experiment with the different varieties of mint from my garden. Different kinds give subtle but fun flavor surprises!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups limeade (made from concentrate)
- 1 quart lime sherbet, softened
What to Do
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; stir well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Discard mint leaves. Cover and chill.
- Combine sugar mixture and limeade in a small punch bowl; stir well. Spoon softened sherbet into limeade mixture, and stir until partially melted. Serve immediately. Garnish, if desired, with fresh mint sprigs.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Rice isn't only for serving as a side dish or throwing at weddings! It's also a main ingredient in this to-die-for dessert. Our Baked Custard Rice Pudding is a traditional, custard-style pudding that can be served hot or chilled - either way it's so tasty!