We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
As our Chocolate Blossom cookies bake, little cracks appear to give them their unique look that's special enough for the holidays or anytime. With a hint of cocoa and a sweetness that can't be resisted, these are holiday cookie favorites.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- In a large bowl, stir cocoa into melted butter. Cool slightly then stir in 1/2 cup flour, the granulated sugar, eggs, almond extract, baking soda, and salt. Beat until well blended. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup flour and the almonds until blended. Cover and refrigerate dough until firm, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degree F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll each ball in confectioners' sugar. Place balls 3 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until set and cookie tops have cracked. Remove from baking sheets and cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
We recommend placing the confectioners' sugar in a shallow pie plate and rolling each cookie to completely cover it.