Chocolate Dipped Walnut Wedges
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We did borrow this recipe from our cookie cookbook - but only because it's so popular and it fits so perfectly here. If you haven't tried it yet, give a try now.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 cups (about 6 ounces) shelled walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour plus extra for dusting
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, finely grind walnuts, 1-1/4 cups flour, and sugar, using cutting blade. Add butter and blend until well mixed.
- Coat two 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray and dust lightly with flour. Press half of dough into each pan, evenly covering pan bottoms.
- With a small knife, score each pan of dough into 16 wedges. Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until golden brown. While shortbread is still warm, cut through scored lines and allow to cool in pans on a wire rack.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. Dip points of cooled shortbread wedges into chocolate mixture, coating them halfway, allowing any excess to drip off. Put dipped wedges on a wire rack over waxed paper and allow to set.