We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A delightful spin on the classic "Elephant Ears" cookies, these newly-named Chocolate Pinwheels will have everyone clamoring for more. These delicate and sweet pastries are simple to make and packed with yumminess!
What You'll Need
- 1 package (17.25 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets, slightly thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 egg, beaten
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F. On a lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out each pastry sheet to a 12-inch square.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cocoa. Brush the pastry sheets with the beaten egg and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture evenly over each pastry sheet. Tightly roll each pastry sheet into a log and cut 1/2-inch slices. Place on a baking sheet that has been lightly coated with nonstick baking spray.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Make sure to thaw the pastry just until slightly thawed. Otherwise, it'll be too hard to handle.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!