Cooked Carrot Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 (about 3 dozen cookies)
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
Cooked Carrot Cookies are an easy way to get your kids to eat carrots. These are so good that your kids will never know what's in 'em or how healthy they are!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed cooked carrots (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add carrots, egg, and vanilla, beating until well blended. Beat in flour, salt, baking powder, and orange peel until blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- While baking, make glaze by combining confectioners' sugar and orange juice, and mixing until smooth.
- Cool cookies slightly then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, drizzle evenly with glaze.
You can mash fresh-cooked carrots or canned carrots for this recipe. It works with either: 1 cup mashed = 3 to 4 medium-sized fresh-cooked carrots or about 1 (16-ounce) can of carrots, drained.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 83
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 1.2g 6 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.0g 2 %
- Cholesterol 6.8mg 2 %
- Sodium 52mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 6.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!