Double-Orange Glazed Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Add 1 cup orange juice and 1 teaspoon orange zest; mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until well combined. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until edges are golden. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In a medium bowl, combine confectioners sugar, the remaining orange juice, and remaining orange zest; mix well. Spoon icing over cookies and let sit until icing is firm.
Making glaze is easy- click here to see how it's done!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 34
- Calories 166
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.7g 3 %
- Cholesterol 14mg 5 %
- Sodium 297mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!