English Tea Pastries
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's tea time! Don't you just love the British tradition of having tea and cakes every afternoon? How 'bout making these easy pastries for your own tea time?
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package refrigerator crescent rolls (8 rolls per package)
- 3 tablespoons strawberry or raspberry fruit preserves or jam
- 1 tablespoon chopped blanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate crescent rolls into individual triangles. Cut each triangle in half, making 16 triangles. Put 1/2 teaspoon preserves in the middle of each triangle.
- From the top points of the triangles, roll up each piece of dough and place seam-side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Bake 20 minutes, until golden. When cool, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve.
Makes 16 pastries.
These are quick throw-together treats that are perfect for dunking in tea and coffee, too. And remember, make as many as you need by using more packages of crescent rolls (and everything else, too!).
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 141
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 1.2g 2 %
- Cholesterol 3.8mg 1 %
- Sodium 235mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 8.6g 0 %