We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 45 (about 4 dozen)
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 7 Min
"Stamp" some fun into your baking with our recipe for Fossil Cookies! These "fossilized" slice 'n' bake sugar cookies are sure to be a hit with anyone who thinks dinosaurs are great, or who just really loves a simple sugar cookie recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly beat into butter mixture.
- Place dough in center of a sheet of plastic wrap with about a 2-inch diameter and shape into log. Wrap tightly and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices and place on baking sheets. Press a dinosaur toy foot into each cookie. (See Note) Brush imprint of foot with cocoa powder.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes, or until golden around edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- You can use a small toy dinosaur to make an authentic-looking footprint on your cookies, or a raw pasta shell to make an imprint.
- Do you love the taste of sugar cookies as much as we do around here? Then you've gotta try our Cookie Peach Cobbler -- it's delicious!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Calories 86
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.1g 2 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 80mg 3 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 4.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn ordinary chicken breasts into a favorite main dish by stuffing them with our creamy, flavorful filling and rolling them in a crunchy homemade breading. Stuffed Chicken Rollups are easy for weeknights, and are a company-favorite too!