French Lace Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 48 (about 4 dozen)
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Our French Lace Cookies are delicious and oh-so delicate-looking on a dessert plate. You'll surely get lots of recipe requests when you make these.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and walnuts; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine corn syrup, butter, and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the flour and nuts.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets, making sure to place only 6 cookies spaced 3 inches apart on each baking sheet. Bake 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 3 to 4 minutes before removing from baking sheets.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
The traditional way to finish these is to roll each cookie around the handle of a wooden spoon after they've been out of the oven for 2 to 3 minutes. (They're too soft to handle just out of the oven, but if you wait too long, they stiffen and won't bend around the handle.) Place them on a serving plate and watch them disappear! It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Calories 64
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 0.7g 1 %
- Cholesterol 5.1mg 2 %
- Sodium 20mg 1 %
- Total Carbohydrates 8.1g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 4.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!