Fresh Apple Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's a great orchard taste to our Fresh Apple Cookies, 'cause they're made with fresh apples, crunchy walnuts, and cinnamon-nutmeg spices. Bake these cookies up in the fall and serve them with a tall glass of milk!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk, divided
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and finely chopped apples, any variety
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and egg. Add the flour and baking soda; mix well. Stir in the 1/4 cup milk until well blended. Stir in the apples and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and remaining milk; mix until smooth.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets and let cool. Drizzle with glaze.
Cool before wrapping so that the cookies won't stick to each other.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Calories 97
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.1g 2 %
- Cholesterol 5.3mg 2 %
- Sodium 55mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %