Fresh Apple Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's a great orchard taste to our Fresh Apple Cookies, 'cause they're made with fresh apples, crunchy walnuts, and cinnamon-nutmeg spices. Bake these cookies up in the fall and serve them with a tall glass of milk!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons milk, divided
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and finely chopped apples, any variety
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and egg. Add the flour and baking soda; mix well. Stir in the 1/4 cup milk until well blended. Stir in the apples and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and remaining milk; mix until smooth.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets and let cool. Drizzle with glaze.
Cool before wrapping so that the cookies won't stick to each other.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Calories 97
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 1.1g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.1g 2 %
- Cholesterol 5.3mg 2 %
- Sodium 55mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When the heat of summer has us turning away from comfort foods, we like to turn to recipes like this Chilled Beefed-Up Summer Salad. And, since salad is only as good as the dressing that goes on it, you can bet we've paired this beefy summer salad with the perfect, homemade, creamy horseradish dressing to make this extra mm..mm..tasty!