Glazed Mincemeat Drops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Glazed Mincemeat Drops are an old-fashioned favorite that'll bring you right back to Mom's kitchen table. It's got all those classic flavors - we even bet your kids will be begging for mincemeat too!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs and mincemeat. Add the flour mixture to the mincemeat mixture, and stir in the pecans.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the tops are dry and set.
- Meanwhile, combine the glaze ingredients (the confectioners' sugar, finely grated orange peel, and orange juice) and mix until smooth.
- Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Spread the glaze over the hot cookies. Let stand until the cookies cool completely and the glaze is set.
Makes about 3 dozen.
Be sure to glaze the cookies while they're still warm to really blend the flavors together.