Grandma's Dressed Up Molasses Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Connie, from Mobile, Alabama was given the original molasses cookies recipe from her Grandma and over the years has tweaked it a bit to be a little more "dressed up." She makes them every year around the holidays!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 3/4 pound vanilla-flavored coating
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, melt shortening over low heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, add sugar, molasses, and eggs, beating well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add dry ingredients to shortening mixture all at once and stir until well combined. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place turbinado sugar in a shallow bowl. Form dough into walnut-sized balls, roll in sugar, and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until slightly browned around the edges and slightly soft in the middle. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt vanilla-flavored coating according to package directions. Dip cookies halfway into melted chocolate; shake off excess and place on wax paper-lined baking sheets to set.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Calories 161
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 2.7g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.1g 2 %
- Cholesterol 6.2mg 2 %
- Sodium 125mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further than our all-time favorite Chocolate Chip Cheesecake. The creamy filling between two layers of chocolate chip cookie dough make this a heavenly treat that no one can resist. Don't be surprised when they reach for two of these chocolate chip cheesecake bars!