Hint of Mints
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 5 dozen cookies
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Our minty chocolate cookies are downright irresistible! Of course they disappear quick, so make sure to bake a double-batch of these Hint of Mints melt-in-your-mouth babies so no one misses out.
What You'll Need
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar plus ¼ cup for rolling
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (1 six-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate-covered thin mints, or ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a bowl, beat together butter, 1/2 cup sugar and egg. Add flour, corn syrup, baking soda and salt.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and thin mints (or simply add mint extract.) Add to dough mixture with vanilla, blending well. Chill overnight.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and allow to soften slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in remaining 1/4 cup sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookie tops crack. When done, cookies will still be soft to the touch.
- Alllow to cool slightly, then remove to a wire rack to cool.