Iced Eggnog Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Who says you can't have your eggnog and eat it too? These Iced Eggnog Cookies offer a double whammy of eggnog flavor, 'cause there's eggnog in the cookie batter AND in the icing! Now that's what we call a holiday cookie recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- Cinnamon stick for grating (optional)
What to Do
- In a large bowl, cream 1 stick butter and the granulated sugar until creamy; beat in 1 cup eggnog. In another large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and nutmeg. Gradually add flour mixture to eggnog mixture, mixing well.
- Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Place each piece on a sheet of wax paper and roll each into a log about 2 inches wide by 8 inches long. Seal wax paper tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unwrap dough logs and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make Icing, in a large bowl, beat 1/2 stick butter until light and fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup eggnog, and the rum; beat until smooth. Spread icing over cookies, then immediately grate a cinnamon stick on top, if desired.
More Festive Treats!
- We've got more eggnog favorites, like our Eggnog Monkey Bread, and this Eggnog French Toast Bake!
- For a classic eggnog taste, try our Classic Homemade Eggnog, or this perfect Gingersnap Eggnog!
- For more festive treats, checked out our Candy Cane Chocolate Bark, Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples, and the ever-classic Cherry Cordials!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more Christmas treats, download our free eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.