Irish Cream Biscotti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a festive cookie that's perfect for eating alongside a mug full of Irish coffee. We've even added a little green to this Irish Cream Biscotti recipe, so that you can enjoy an extra dose of good luck!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon green food color, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add eggs and 1/4 cup liqueur; mix well. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon green food color, creating a marbled effect.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. Place 2 pieces of dough on each baking sheet, leaving space between them. Form a slightly rounded 2-1/2- x 9-inch loaf that is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow loaves to cool 5 minutes. Cut each loaf into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lay slices cut side down on baking sheets and bake an additional 15 minutes. Turn biscotti over and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, remaining Irish cream liqueur, and remaining food color; mix well. Drizzle over one side of biscotti and allow to dry before storing in an airtight container.