Italian Honey Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A delectable dessert, these Italian Honey Balls are finger-lickin' good. Bake these for the holidays and you'll be the life of the party! These honey-drenched balls of dough are hard to keep away from!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring water, oil, and salt to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in flour, beating with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Beat in eggs one at a time until well blended and smooth.
- Using a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, form mixture into small balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden; set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan, bring honey, sugar, and cinnamon to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue boiling until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, then combine baked balls and honey mixture in a medium-sized bowl until balls are completely coated.
- Pile balls into a mound on a serving platter. Do not refrigerate.
You can make this really festive by garnishing it with candied cherries, almond or even multicolored Jordan almonds (candy-coated almonds, also called "wedding confetti").
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!