Long Stemmed Chocolate Chip Flower Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What better way to say "I love you" than with a long-stemmed chocolate chip cookie?
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 20 wooden skewers or popsicle sticks, 6 to 8 inches long
- 1 cup (1 6-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream shortening, sugars, egg, and vanilla until light.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to shortening mixture and blend well. Add chocolate chips and nuts and stir until well mixed.
- Lay skewers on prepared cookie sheets (7 or 8 per sheet). Spoon 1 tablespoon of dough onto end of each skewer, covering top 2 inches of each skewer.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Let cool 3 or 4 minutes and use a spatula to carefully remove stemmed cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Wrap a dozen long-stemmed chocolate chip cookies in waxed paper, plastic wrap, or tissue paper and tie with a ribbon to resemble a dozen long-stemmed roses...wink, wink.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!