Mini Elephant Ears
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In pastry shops all over Europe you can find these delicate, crisp pastries that are rolled in cinnamon and sugar. Now they're easy to make at home. Hooray!
What You'll Need
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets (from a 17 ¼-ounce package), slightly thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, with a rolling pin, roll out each pastry sheet to 12- x 12-inches.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar. Brush pastry sheets with beaten egg and sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cinnamon mixture evenly over top of each sheet.
- Roll one side of pastry sheet into middle then roll other side to meet it in middle, forming a scroll. Cut 1/2-inch slices across scrolls.
- Dip one cut side into cinnamon mixture and lay sugared-side up on prepared baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes then let cool for 5 minutes.
These should be stored in an airtight container or cookie jar. They shouldn't be refrigerated or frozen.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check our collection of Dessert Ideas: Top 9 Recipes with Cinnamon.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .