We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for something different? Something rich? Something chewy? Then you'll love our Chocolate Snowcaps! This easy Christmas Cookie is topped with coconut to remind us of the white Christmas we're all dreaming of. Let's get baking before Saint Nick comes down the chimney!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 square (1 ounce) unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the 3 squares of chocolate in water over low heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and the cooled chocolate mixture and beat well. Add the 1/2 cup sour cream and the flour mixture alternately, mixing well. Stir in 1/2 cup of the coconut until combined.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, to make chocolate frosting, in a medium microwaveable bowl, place the 1 square baking chocolate and 2 tablespoons butter. Heat 45 to 60 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. Gradually whisk in confectioner's sugar and milk until smooth. Frost cookies while warm and sprinkle tops with the remaining coconut, pressing the coconut gently into frosting so it sticks.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.