Nonna's Shortcut Ricotta Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 (about 3 dozen)
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Even the most old-school nonna (that's grandma in Italian!) turns to shortcuts from time to time, especially if she's got a whole lot of cooking ahead of her. Nonna's Shortcut Ricotta Cookies are so good, no one can even tell they were made using a shortcut. They might just become one of the most anticipated cookies on your Christmas cookie platter!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25) package white cake mix
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons anise extract, divided
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup holiday nonpareils for decorating
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, ricotta cheese, butter, egg, and 1 teaspoon anise extract until thoroughly combined. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar, milk, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon anise extract until smooth. Spoon glaze over cookies, then immediately decorate with nonpareils.
- This recipe comes from our Cake Mix & More Cookbook, which is full of great dessert recipes that all use cake-mix as a shortcut! Click here to purchase your copy, and don't forget to order a few for your friends, too!
- If you're a fan of gingerbread, then you have to check out our Holiday Gingerbread Recipes! We've also got Easy Holiday Candy Recipes that work great as gifts!
- Need some festive holiday drinks for the menu? Check out Santa's Spritzer for a perfect Christmas adult beverage, and of course, there's always a great Holiday Nog to go around!
- Be sure to check out the rest of the cookies in our 2018 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more festive cookies, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 115
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.2g 4 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 95mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
With our recipe for 1 Minute Cinnamon Bun you can enjoy a cinnamon bun for breakfast, dessert, or anytime you want! All you need is a microwave, some easy ingredients from your pantry, and your favorite mug. Before you know it, you'll be enjoying a cinnamon bun that's all your own.