Nonna's Shortcut Ricotta Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 (about 3 dozen)
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Even the most old-school nonna (that's grandma in Italian!) turns to shortcuts from time to time, especially if she's got a whole lot of cooking ahead of her. Nonna's Shortcut Ricotta Cookies are so good, no one can even tell they were made using a shortcut. They might just become one of the most anticipated cookies on your Christmas cookie platter!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25) package white cake mix
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons anise extract, divided
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup holiday nonpareils for decorating
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cake mix, ricotta cheese, butter, egg, and 1 teaspoon anise extract until thoroughly combined. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar, milk, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon anise extract until smooth. Spoon glaze over cookies, then immediately decorate with nonpareils.
- This recipe comes from our Cake Mix & More Cookbook, which is full of great dessert recipes that all use cake-mix as a shortcut! Click here to purchase your copy, and don't forget to order a few for your friends, too!
- If you're a fan of gingerbread, then you have to check out our Holiday Gingerbread Recipes! We've also got Easy Holiday Candy Recipes that work great as gifts!
- Need some festive holiday drinks for the menu? Check out Santa's Spritzer for a perfect Christmas adult beverage, and of course, there's always a great Holiday Nog to go around!
- Be sure to check out the rest of the cookies in our 2018 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 115
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.2g 4 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 95mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.1g 0 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.