Peppermint Brownie Rounds
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everyone knows the best part of the brownie is the crispy top layer, and these Peppermint Brownie Rounds are exactly that. Not only are they delicious, but they make a great holiday gift, too!
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons (3/4) stick butter, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peppermint crunch baking chips (see Note)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium microwavable bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Microwave about 1 minute or until melted. Add sugar and egg and whisk until smooth. Stir in flour, salt and vanilla.
- Place rounded teaspoonfuls of batter onto prepared baking sheets about 2-inches apart. Spray the bottom of a glass with cooking spray and flatten each cookie into a 2-inch round.
- Sprinkle candy pieces over rounds. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool 2 minutes, then gently remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
We like to use Andes peppermint candies that you can find at holiday time in the baking section at your grocery store.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.