We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Valentine's Day wouldn't be complete without a kiss...a peppermint kiss, that is.
What You'll Need
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops red food color
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 200 degree F. Line baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed. Add peppermint extract and food color with the last tablespoon of sugar and beat until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls to create a "kiss" shape onto prepared baking sheets. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from baking sheets and store loosely covered at room temperature.
Makes about 2-1/2 dozen cookie kisses.
- Make sure you do not refrigerate these kisses or they will soften.
- For other tempting treats, download our Recipes for Romance: 30 Valentine's Day Desserts and Drink Recipes free eCookbook.