We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 60 (5 dozen)
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Poinsettia Cookies are as tasty as they are lovely. Red candied cherry wedges and butterscotch chips create the pattern of a poinsettia on each cookie.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 (4 ounces) red candied cherries
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, egg, water, and vanilla until well blended. Gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup butterscotch chips and the coconut. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Cut the candied cherries in half, and cut each half into three slices.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten each ball and place a butterscotch chip in the center of each. Arrange 5 cherry slices in a circular pattern around each butterscotch chip to resemble the pattern of a poinsettia.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cookies are firm but not brown. Cool the cookies for about 1 minute on the baking sheets then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
Yields about three dozen cookies.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pound cake will certainly brighten up your day! From the fresh aroma of it baking to the first forkful of lemony bliss, our Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake is a real delight. This pound cake is summer-perfect and ready to be brought along to all of your picnics and potlucks!