We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's nothing like homemade butter cookies, especially when they're this quick!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until well mixed. Stir in the flour and salt.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out each half on a lightly floured surface to 3/8-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters or drinking glasses, cut into desired shapes. Place shapes on ungreased baking sheets and prick the top of each with a fork.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
Makes about 80 cookies.
Enjoy these as is, or decorate as desired. Add sprinkles while still warm, but add frosting after cookies have completely cooled.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 263
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 9.8g 49 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 2.9g 6 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 184mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 28g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 8.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!