Red, White, and Blue Ribbon Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 36 (3 dozen)
- 3 Hr 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 9 Min
Put your hand down - there's no saluting necessary. Why not? 'Cause these are just cookies...cookies that resemble our flag. Now if you still feel like showing your patriotism, why not take these along when you go to watch the Fourth of July parade and fireworks.
What You'll Need
- 2 packages (18 ounces each) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color
- 1/4 teaspoon blue food color
What to Do
- Line an empty waxed paper box with waxed paper. In a large bowl, combine the two packages of cookie dough then divide the dough into three equal parts.
- In a medium bowl, combine one part of the dough and the red food color. Using your hands, work the food color into the dough until it is evenly colored; place in the bottom of the waxed paper box. Using a spatula, smooth the dough down until the layer is level.
- Place the second part of the dough over the red layer and smooth the dough with a spatula until level.
- Combine the remaining part of the dough and the blue food color. Using your hands, work the food color into the dough until evenly colored. Place it over the uncolored dough, smoothing down with the spatula until level. Cover with waxed paper and close the box. Freeze for at least 1 hour, or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Remove the dough from the waxed paper box and cut into 1/4-inch slices, making sure that the dough is still firm and retains its square shape. Place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets and bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
If you prefer, you can freeze the dough longer - until it is almost solid, then use a sharp knife to slice or cut just the amount you need from the block, wrap, and return the remaining cookie dough to the freezer for later use.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 124
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9g 9 %
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 1.2g 2 %
- Cholesterol 8.2mg 3 %
- Sodium 120mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 6.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!