Steve's Thumbprint Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you prefer a classic thumbprint cookie, then you'll love Steve's Thumbprint Cookies 'cause the light and buttery flavor in the cookie pairs perfectly with any of your favorite fruit preserves. Hey, we won't blame ya if you make the thumbprints extra-large!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry or apricot preserves
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Press thumb into center of each cookie ball to make an indentation, then fill each "imprint" with preserves.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until light golden. Cool on wire racks.
Feel free to use any preserves you'd like, but we don't recommend swapping preserves for jam or jelly. Jams and jellies can turn to liquid during baking!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 131
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.0g 4 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 105mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 21g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 9.7g 0 %