We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Grab your favorite fruity filling and get those thumbs warmed up, 'cause you'll be doing a little pressin' and fillin' to make these Thumbprint Cookies! We love the fruity, nutty, and buttery taste of these classic cookies.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup fruit preserves for filling (see note)
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, butter, egg, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Add the flour, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla; mix well.
- Shape into balls, then roll the balls in the chopped walnuts.
- Place on cookie sheets that have been coated with nonstick vegetable cooking spray. Press thumb into the center of each cookie ball to make an indentation, then fill each "imprint" with your favorite preserves. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
- The amount of preserves you'll use will depend upon the size of your thumbprints! And be sure to use preserves 'cause jams and jellies tend to liquefy while baking. It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
- Love this easy cookie recipe? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 141
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 2.8g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.0g 4 %
- Cholesterol 18mg 6 %
- Sodium 38mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 11g 0 %