Toffee-Chip Shortbread Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 4 dozen
- CHILL TIME
- 8 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
A little crunch and a little chocolate goes a long way to making these Toffee-Chip Shortbread Cookies taste so amazing. These slice 'n' bake cookies are perfect during the holidays. They can even be prepared days in advance and baked the day of!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits
What to Do
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter and powdered sugar until smooth, about 1 minute. Add vanilla, flour, and salt, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Divide dough in half. Place each half on a sheet of wax paper and roll each into a log about 1-1/2 inches wide by 12 inches long. Seal wax paper tightly and refrigerate overnight, or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unwrap dough logs and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are very light brown. Let cookies cool completely on baking sheets.