Christmas Brownie Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a change of pace from traditional holiday sugar cookies? These Christmas Brownie Cookies are just the ticket to spice up your holiday cookie routine. While these treats look like a cross between traditional gingerbread cookies and decorated sugar cookies, they taste just like a gooey brownie! Talk about a winning combo. They're also fun to decorate and would make the perfect activity for grandkids or a holiday party!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vanilla frosting for decorating
- Holiday sprinkles for decorating
What to Do
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture until a stiff dough forms. Form dough into a flat disc shape and cover in plastic wrap; chill in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters and place on baking sheets. Re-roll scraps of dough and cut additional cookies. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until firm around edges and center is slightly soft. Let cool 5 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate with your favorite frosting and holiday sprinkles.
Check THis Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it.