Frosty Peppermint Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Frosty Peppermint Cookies are a sweet burst of holiday flavor! When it comes to easy sugar cookie recipes for the holidays, these are the best of the best. Creamy chocolate and cool peppermint make these a festive dessert option that Frosty himself would be proud of. The rest of the family is sure to love them too!
What You'll Need
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely crushed candy canes
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar; set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and peppermint extract. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Using a small ice cream scoop, or by rolling 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball, place 1 tablespoon of dough at a time on a rimmed baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate chips and oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat 30 seconds, stir. Heat 15 seconds more and stir vigorously until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Dip one-half the cooled cookie in the melted chocolate allowing excess to drip off. Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet and sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Allow to rest at room temperature or in refrigerator. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips:
- If you don’t have white chocolate chips you can use any other chocolate (semi-sweet, milk, or dark) chips to dip your cookies!
- For more fantastic Christmas cookie recipes, try our Maple Sugar Cookies, our Cookie Butter Cracker Cookies, or our Peppermint Christmas Shortbread Cookies!
- You can't go wrong with our Holiday Gingerbread Recipes.
- Plus, for something different, try our Caramel-Dipped Chocolate Apples!
- You'll want to check out the rest of the cookies in our 2018 Christmas Cookie Countdown.