Frosty Coconut Snowman Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Snowmen are a fantastic part of the holiday season, so we made them a big part of our cookie jar this year! You're gonna love these Frosty Coconut Snowman Cookies because they're delicious and lots of fun for the whole family. So gather the kids into kitchen and get to work on making sweet memories and cookies that will last a lifetime.
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 (16-ounce) container white frosting
- Chocolate chips for eyes
- Mini chocolate chips for mouth
- Orange jimmies sprinkles for nose
- Chocolate candy bar for hat
- Red fruit roll-ups for scarf
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg, lemon extract, and lemon zest.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 3 cups flour, the baking powder, and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1/2 the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out circles and place on baking sheet. Re-roll dough scraps and cut out additional cookies. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until the edges are light golden. Let cool 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Place coconut in a shallow dish. Spread frosting evenly on each cookie and dip into coconut, pressing gently to stick. Decorate cookies with candy decorations as seen in picture. Store in air tight container.