Maple Sugar Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 22 Cookies
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 Cookies per serving
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Nothing goes better with fall leaves than the sweet taste of maple! Try our sweet Maple Sugar Cookies for an easy fall dessert you can't miss; everyone will wonder where you got the recipe for this amazing fall cookie. You can tell them, or keep this sweet autumn secret to yourself; either way the soft and festive cookies are going to be a treat.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple extract, divided
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
What to Do
To Make Sugar Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, oil, and granulated sugar until creamy. Beat in egg and 1/2 teaspoon maple extract.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined. Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into balls and place on baking sheet, leaving room for spreading. Lightly flatten dough with bottom of glass.
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes, or until edges are crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool 15 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
To Make Icing:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioner's sugar, water, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon maple extract until smooth.
- Spread icing over each cookie. Quickly sprinkle with pecans and let set until hardened.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Check This Out!
- For more delicious maple desserts, try our Maple Walnut Drops or our Maple-Bacon Ooey Gooey Butter Cake!
- How about an easy fall appetizer everyone will love? Try our Maple Pecan Baked Brie.
- We love easy fall desserts and we've got plenty! Try our Easy Fall Pies and Cobblers, or our Perfect Pumpkin Recipes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.