Mrs. Claus' Cinnamon Roll Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When Mrs. Claus wants to welcome Santa's elves home from a long day in the workshop, what does she make? Her famous Cinnamon Roll Cookies, of course! The warm, sweet aroma of these baking gets all the elves lining up outside the kitchen to snag their own fresh baked cookie (and coming back for more), so Mrs. Claus always makes plenty of these treats to go around. The next time you want to spoil your gang of holiday elves, just whip up a delicious batch of Mrs. Claus' Cinnamon Roll Cookies!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks butter, softened, plus 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat softened butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture, forming a dough. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface, roll each dough into a 9- x 10-inch rectangle, about 1/4-inch thick.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Brush dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Roll up dough tightly into a log. Slice dough into 1/2-inch-thick rounds and place on baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden around edges. Let cool 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- To make Glaze, in a small bowl, whisk confectioners’ sugar and heavy cream until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cookies and let harden.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.