Mrs. Claus' Lemon Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mrs. Claus' Lemon Cookies have just a hint of lemon and are so festive-looking, they'll add sparkle to your dessert table easily. And since Mrs. Claus made them, you know they're Santa approved!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 drops yellow food color
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, oil, milk, salt, lemon extract, and the egg; mix well. Roll dough into 1/2-inch balls and place on a prepared baking sheets. Refrigerate remaining dough while waiting for cookies to bake.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are set but not brown. Let sit 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Dip tops of cookies in glaze and place on wire rack.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- Use assorted sprinkles and decorating sugar to decorate your cookies. Just be sure to do it quickly, before the glaze hardens!
- If you want to decorate your cookies with multiple colors, separate glaze into smaller bowls and mix in food colors one drop at a time, until desired colors are reached.
- And for lots more cookie recipes, check out our Cookie Countdown or our free eCookbook, 12 Days of Christmas Cookies.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!