Nutty Noel Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
To help get into the Christmas spirit, we like to make our Nutty Noel Cookies! Each one has a little chocolatey-goodness wrapped up inside, making it this seasons most delicious Christmas present. So, get the kids into the kitchen and start baking a holiday cookie that's gonna make you want to sing!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for work surface
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix walnuts and granulated sugar; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk flour, confectioners' sugar, and cornstarch. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add water and mix until dough forms a ball.
- On a flat surface, knead dough until smooth. Divide dough in half. On a lightly-floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-inch thickness. With a 2-1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut into 36 circles. Place 1/2 teaspoon chocolate-hazelnut spread in center of each circle. Fold dough in half, just enough to cover filling. (You don't need to pinch dough closed.)
- Place on baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg; sprinkle with walnut mixture. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Calories 167
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 3.1g 15 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 1.3g 3 %
- Cholesterol 15mg 5 %
- Sodium 4.6mg 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 26g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 21g 0 %