Boston Cream Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
We've taken the delectable flavors of ordinary Boston cream pie and turned them into something extraordinary with our recipe for Boston Cream Cupcakes. Packaged cake mix and pudding mix make this shortcut recipe perfect for anytime!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18-1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 (1-ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Bake batter according to package directions for cupcakes; let cool, then remove from tins.
- Cut top off each cupcake, setting them aside, and using a spoon, scoop out a small amount of the center of the cupcake.
- In a large bowl, whisk pudding mix and milk until pudding is thick and smooth; spoon pudding into center of each cupcake. Replace tops of cupcakes.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine sugar, cornstarch, water, and unsweetened chocolate. Cook, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is thickened, bubbly, and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Let cool slightly, then spread over top of cupcakes.
- Refrigerate cupcakes for at least 1 hour before serving, or until filling and glaze are set.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Calories 161
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.2g 4 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 165mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!