Chocolate Cherry Surprise Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
This is one chocolate cupcake recipe that's sure to become one of your all-time favorites. Our Chocolate Cherry Surprise Cupcakes feature the timeless combo of chocolate and cherries, with the bonus of creamy vanilla ice cream. Not only are these easy to make, but they taste and look great too!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix, batter prepared according to the package directions
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries with stems, drained
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (16 ounce) container white frosting
What to Do
- Bake cake batter according to package directions for 18 cupcakes; let cool completely.
- Carefully slice off top of each cooled cupcake and hollow out center of cupcakes, reserving cake for another use.
- Reserve 18 maraschino cherries and set aside. Coarsely chop remaining cherries and place in a medium bowl. Add ice cream and chocolate chips; mix until well combined.
- Fill cupcakes with ice cream mixture, then replace tops. Freeze 1 hour, until firm, then frost each cupcake, and top with a reserved maraschino cherry. Serve or cover and keep frozen until ready to serve.
Are you a chocolate fan? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 357
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 16g 24 %
- Saturated Fat 6.0g 30 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.8g 6 %
- Cholesterol 38mg 13 %
- Sodium 279mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 51g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 39g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .