Ghoulishly Good Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With a box of cake mix, a few special ingredients, and some festive toppers you can easily create these Ghoulishly Good Cupcakes that are perfect for a Halloween party.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 10 drops orange food color, divided
- 1 (16.5-ounce) package yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package directions
- 1 (16-ounce) can white frosting
- Orange sprinkles for garnish
- 24 Halloween decorative candies
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth. Add 4 drops of food color and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with cake batter. Drop a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in center of batter in each cup.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine frosting and 6 drops of food color; mix until thoroughly combined. Frost cupcakes with orange frosting, then decorate with sprinkles and candies.
Add to the fun by using Halloween-themed paper liners!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!