Gingered Lemon Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ginger adds a certain zing to these cupcakes that may just have them guessing about the special ingredient. Our Gingered Lemon Cupcakes are just a wee bit different and just a whole lotta delicious!
What You'll Need
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, plus extra for garnish (see Note)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
In a large bowl, prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in sour cream and 1/3 cup crystallized ginger. Pour batter into muffin cups filling two-thirds full.
Bake 22 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from tins, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating at low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in lemon rind and lemon juice. Spread frosting generously over cupcakes. Sprinkle with ginger.
Look for crystallized ginger in the spice section of your supermarket. If you can't find crystallized, then substitute ground- but remember that the crunch will be missing.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Fast & Fun Cupcakes: 18 Best Cupcake Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!