Mrs. Claus' Famous Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mrs. Claus has been busy in the kitchen again and she's made a dessert that Santa can't get enough of. One bite of Mrs. Claus' Famous Cupcakes and you'll fall in love with this timeless holiday treat! The cinnamon buttercream frosting piped on top of these moist gingerbread cupcakes is as decadent and indulgent as Christmas itself. This easy holiday dessert is going to be the tastiest thing you unwrap all season!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 22 muffin tin cups (over 2 muffin tins) with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add water, molasses, eggs, and vanilla; mix well. Add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among the cupcake liners, filling about 3/4 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in muffin tins 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in cinnamon, vanilla, and heavy cream. Add confectioners’ sugar and beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"