We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Drink in the compliments when you use buttermilk, yes, buttermilk to make a homemade Buttermilk Coleslaw that'll rival any deli-style version from the market. Try it and become a believer!
What You'll Need
- 2 (10-ounce) packages finely shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
What to Do
- Combine cabbage and carrot in a large bowl.
- Whisk together sugar and remaining 7 ingredients until blended; toss with vegetables. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- This makes a big batch of coleslaw, and leftovers will keep a couple of days in the fridge. If you don't' need such a large amount, you can easily cut the recipe in half.
- Complete the meal by making some of our Honey Garlic Drumsticks!
- And check out some of our other crunchy and refreshing coleslaw recipes, like Apple Bacon Coleslaw and Chopstick Coleslaw.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 17 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 128
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 0.8g 4 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.4g 3 %
- Cholesterol 6.6mg 2 %
- Sodium 279mg 12 %
- Total Carbohydrates 19g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %