We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Good old-fashioned coleslaw is great any time of the year and goes along with almost any dish. When we're craving a creamy, mayonnaise-based coleslaw we make our Country Coleslaw recipe. It's an easy coleslaw recipe that the whole gang'll love!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (see Note)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped or thinly sliced green bell pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, and salt. Add cabbage, carrots, and green pepper; toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- A small head of cabbage yields about 8 cups. You can find pre-shredded cabbage at your market, but it's simple and budget-friendly to do it yourself!
- If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
- If you enjoyed this coleslaw recipe, be sure to check out our collection of 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes and 35 Easy Cabbage Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 132
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 0.9g 2 %
- Cholesterol 9.8mg 3 %
- Sodium 516mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 10g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8 %
- Sugars 5.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You won't need a passport for our Tuscan Chicken One Pot. The heavenly aroma and succulent taste will make you feel like you're sitting at sidewalk bistro in Tuscany. It's the marinara sauce and white wine that really takes this easy chicken dinner recipe to the next level. And one pot recipes are known for their easy clean up, so it really will seem like a vacation in your very own home!