Crisp Cucumber Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Enjoy the fresh tastes of a homemade cucumber salad with our recipe for Crisp Cucumber Salad. It's got a touch of sweetness that really complements the tangy vinegar and makes it extra-delicious. Plus, red bell peppers give it such a nice pop of color too! Your family will love the crunchy, crispy texture of the cucumbers so much that they'll be begging for this cucumber salad recipe all summer long.
What You'll Need
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced (see Tip)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumbers, scallions, and red pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before tossing and serving.
- The cucumbers can be peeled or unpeeled, or you can "stripe" them by running a fork or vegetable peeler down them before slicing, to give them a fancy, ridged look.
- Cucumbers are so cool and refreshing. Here's another yummy way to enjoy them, in the form of a sauce -- Greek Tzatziki Sauce!
- This cucumber salad would make a perfect make ahead picnic recipe. Check out our Perfect Picnic Menu for even more delicious picnic recipes like this one!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 100
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 1.8g 9 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 1.9g 4 %
- Cholesterol 10mg 3 %
- Sodium 738mg 31 %
- Total Carbohydrates 17g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.