Bacon 'n' Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This doubly good breakfast sandwich combines a load of favorites all in one! Imagine starting your day off with a hearty and melty Bacon and Egg Breakfast Grilled Cheese!
What You'll Need
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons butter at room temperature, divided
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 2 slices slices Colby-Jack cheese
- 4 slices full-cooked bacon
What to Do
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon butter until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large, soft curds. Continue cooking -- pulling, lifting, and folding eggs -- until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do NOT stir constantly. Remove from skillet.
- Spread remaining butter evenly on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 2 slices in skillet, buttered side down. Top evenly with scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon. Cover with remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Grill sandwiches over medium heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The novel tang of prepared horseradish adds a flavorful spark to this comforting brisket recipe. Whether for a make-ahead, welcoming, weeknight supper or for a company meal, the result is always juicy, tender, and tasty.