We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mexican-Style Eggs-In-A-Nest is an all-in-one change of pace oven baked egg and hash brown breakfast or brunch idea. The zesty seasoning adds a flavorful touch that turns mealtime into a mini-fiesta.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups shredded refrigerated or defrosted frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican or taco seasoning
- 4 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine potatoes and cheese in medium bowl. Sprinkle with seasoning; toss to mix.
- Divide mixture evenly amoung four greased 1-cup ramekins or custard cups; press against bottoms and halfway up sides. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Break and slip an egg into each potato nest. Bake until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 10 to 15 minutes longer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
For a lighter option feel free to use reduced-fat cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You know your guests already love spinach dip, so how about serving it up to them in a whole new way with this easy, no-cook appetizer recipe? Our Spinach Dip Rollups are so creamy, and the bacon bits really pump up their flavor. Just wait till ya see how fast they'll make 'em disappear!