My Family's Favorite Egg Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It may sound simple, and it is, but this egg and cheese topped bagel is a favorite breakfast dish at Mr. Food's house... And it's sure to become a favorite at your house, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cooked sausage
- 1 teaspoon sliced scallions
- 1 bagel, split
What to Do
- Coat a 2-cup measuring cup or small round microwave-safe bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break the egg into the cup and scramble then mix in the cheese, sausage, and scallions.
- Microwave at high power for 1 minute, or until set. (Microwave oven temperatures vary, so adjust cooking time according to your microwave.)
- Meanwhile, toast the bagel. Place the cooked egg in the bagel, and serve.
For a heartier egg sandwich, mix in a sprinkle of bacon bits or cooked chunked ham along with the sausage. Want it lighter? Use any of the refrigerated or frozen egg substitutes (1/4 cup equals one egg).
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It's time to pinch pennies, so picking up a pack or two of chicken thighs will help you do that. But just because chicken thighs are a bargain doesn't mean they have to taste like a budget meal. Our recipe for Teriyaki Chicken Thighs proves it!