The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 5 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
Our Omelet-in-a-Bun is a portable breakfast sandwich that guarantees that your family has all the energy to start their day off right. This tasty veggie and cheese omelet tucked in a whole wheat bun is simply delicious.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup frozen tri-color pepper mixture
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash Dash pepper
- 1 slice provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1 whole wheat or white hoagie-style bun, toasted
What To Do:
- In a 7- to 10-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet, saute pepper mixture in 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat until tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan. Clean pan.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, water, salt, and pepper until blended. Heat remaining butter in same pan over medium-high heat until hot, tilting pan to coat bottom. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted turner so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, spoon peppers down center of omelet; top with cheese. Fold omelet sides in with turner; slide omelet into bun. Cut in half.
This recipe is courtesy of the American Egg Board. For more recipes like this, click here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Braised Mediterranean Beef
We know you're always looking for one pot dinner recipes that keep the menu fresh and fun. Well, our Braised Mediterranean Beef is a one-pot recipe full of comfort, flavor, and flair! It'll bring the family together around the table, and don't be surprised, when there's none left over! The combo of garlic, tomatoes, and red wine really add bold flavors that will make this a family-favorite!