Overstuffed Mediterranean Omelet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Forget stopping for a fast-food breakfast! Eggs are one of the fastest foods we can make, and when we team them with fresh veggies and cook 'em in olive oil instead of butter, they're oh-so-good for us!
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
What to Do
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and salt. Saute for 1 minute, or until the spinach is bright green but not wilted; remove the spinach mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the eggs to the skillet and stir gently for 1 minute; stop stirring and allow the egg to set up for 1 to 2 minutes. Top the eggs with the spinach mixture and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Fold the omelet in half, and serve.
- DID YOU KNOW...that olive oil can be part of practically any diet, even a low-fat one? It is said to offer protection against heart disease because it helps control LDL ("bad") cholesterol levels while raising HDL ("good") cholesterol levels. Olive oil is also good for us because of its high content of monounsaturated fatty acids and antioxidant substances.
- Jump start your morning with a healthy breakfast - check out How to Start Your Day Out Right: 11 Healthy Breakfast Recipes today!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.