Overstuffed Veggie Omelet
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like lots of veggies in your omelet, then you'll love our Overstuffed Veggie Omelet. This is an easy omelet recipe that's loaded with flavor from all the fresh veggies. Plus, it's got just the right amount of cheese to make it absolutely perfect.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
What to Do
- In an large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic powder, and salt. Saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until veggies are tender. Remove veggies from skillet and set aside.
- Coat the skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. In a bowl, beat eggs with water. Add to skillet and gently stir, pushing the cooked portion of the eggs to the center of the pan.
- When the eggs firm up and are no longer liquidy, sprinkle half the omelet with 1/2 cup cheese and top with the veggie mixture. Cook until cheese is melted. To serve, slide the omelet out of the pan onto a platter, folding in half over the filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cut into fourths.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.